Sunday, January 12, 2014

Log Book: December 22nd

Conditions: 80 & sunny
Location: Eau Gallie 

I am sunburnt and I love it. Today was just as beautiful as yesterday, eighty five and sunny. We stopped short of our original goal, only traveling about thirty miles today. It was simply too nice of a day to spend it all motoring. The heavy southeast wind still prevented us from sailing. We pulled into the harbor at Eau Gallie and got out the rum and music once more. Dad and I set up the hammock and relaxed for a bit. We watched the dolphins swim by and the ospreys resting on the sailboat masts. Before long Dad was daring me to go swimming, and I never lose a dare. The water was like stepping into a warm bath. One of our friends from home says, on every good day, "today's top ten." Today and yesterday were both top ten kind of days, maybe the best days that I have ever experienced, perfect tens. Dad mentioned going ashore for a bike ride but I was so content I couldn't picture anything worse than leaving. We will be spending the night grilling and living the dream. I could stay here forever. 

What we ate: artichoke & pork ribs
Spotted: Dad's island hat



1 comment: