Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Log Book: December 27th - January 2nd

Conditions: 60-70 degrees
Location: North Palm Beach

The trip from Jensen Beach to North Palm was exhausting. The closer we got to the Lake Worth area, the more low bridges we encountered. We waited for seven bridges in total. Dad and I were both getting very annoyed, it is a tedious thing to wait for a bridge. The current in the canal was strong so we couldn't simply remain still waiting, instead we had to circle around, travel up and down the canal, and avoid oncoming traffic. On the other hand I'm now a pro at radio communication. Dad and I joked about starting a radio show in the droning style of the NOAA weather report (computers that sound like people). We only traveled a little over twenty miles but with all of the bridge delays it took us all day to reach Old Port Cove Marina, which had been recommended to us. Our friends Bill and Catherine live very close by and have graciously invited us to stay. It will be a treat to spend New Years with friends.
We stayed in Palm Beach for five days. I met up with my cousin Jimmy who happened to be in the area for the holiday. It was so nice to mingle with people my age again and we had a great time. Especially since I want able to see any family for Christmas.
Bill and Catherine took us to an eventful farmers market on Sunday with garden plants, baked goods, jewelry, art and more. I got Dad a new Hawaiian shirt to add to his collection.
All in all Dad and I spent the week watching football, relaxing, and enjoying great company.

Spotted: kite surfing is the thing to do down here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment