Monday, October 14, 2013

Log Book: October 12th


Conditions: 69degree, sunny
Location: New York City

Finding nothing more remarkable on the island we took to the buses and headed for the Bronx, on a tip to visit the New York Botanical Gardens. After recently falling in love with plants, considering them tiny, silent, unmoving pets, I knew that I would fall in love with the gardens as well. Like any girl I longed to visit the Rockefeller Rose Gardens, envisioning waterfalls, parasols, and candy somehow accompanying the flowers. However the Haupt Conservatory was by far my favorite part of the entire gardens. Inside the beautiful white Victorian building were large tropical trees, ferns, palms, cacti, and intricate flower arrangements that we're growing, living art. To my surprise they not only have gardens but they have a number of classes ranging from botany to pharmacy to woodland survival (centered around The Hunger Games plants). I could live there and be completely contented, getting back there would be the only trouble. I have never been good at traveling through New York, even though I must have been a hundred times I still feel like a clumsy tourist. My sister knows the city like the index of a Vogue magazine (very well) and I don't think I will visit again without her to tow me along. 


No comments:

Post a Comment