Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Log Book: October 27th

Conditions: 15mph S wind
Location: Annapolis, MD

Dad and I had intended to leave Annapolis yesterday morning but we're still here. While ferreting around behind the engine Dad found that the heat exchanger bracket had failed so we needed another trip to West Marine and a hardware store. They weren't too far away but it took all day to find the parts we needed. However, we still found time to meander around town on our way to and from the store. Living near the Coast Guard Academy I was surprised to see the different relationship that the Naval Academy had with their home. Firstly the harbor was so full of naval traffic it was tricky to stay out of their way. The Coast Guard Academy spews a lot of boat traffic into the Thames as well but mostly small sail boats, shells, and small power boats. The Naval Academy had big Yard Patrol ships and 50 foot launches everywhere you looked. On shore, in Annapolis, we ran smack dab into a cadet parade and you couldn't walk anywhere without having a cadet in sight. I think that one of their navy blue uniforms would suit me... Maybe for next Halloween. This morning I woke up with a cold, Dad didn't feel well either but we still fixed the engine! With a lot of creativity and elbow grease we got the job done. It's been so rolly in the harbor the past two days that I won't be sad to see Annapolis behind us. I don't think I've mentioned that I've been here before so basically south from here the real adventure starts!

What we ate: burgers, steak, sandwiches, and oysters
Spotted: Some live Van Morrison covers, a local farmers market, & the pride of Baltimore II


No comments:

Post a Comment